ONLINE VA APPROVED DRIVERS EDUCATION
• As of July 1, 2016 VA DMV changed the law that all teens at least 15yrs. and 6mos and adults 18yrs and older can now take drivers education online.
• The program consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse
awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
• You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver’s education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Home-schooled students are exempt from this requirement.
• In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
• Certificate issued upon completion of course.
• Final Testing will be at our location 2136 John Wayland Hwy., Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Our office hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Please call for an appointment to take the final exam.
• DMV toll free number 877-885-5790
***Once you register for the course you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours with your username and password to start the course
On the day of testing, you must bring the following to the test
• Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport or military identification)
• Proof of completion of the online driver education course
• A completed “Parental Consent for Online Driver Education Examination” (DTS 62), if you are under age 18
• Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18 and live in Planning District 8 (counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park)
• The online driver training school will provide a computer for testing.
• Ask for more details
Final Testing will be at our location 2136 John Wayland Hwy., Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
Our office hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Please call (540)433-3668 for an appointment to take the final exam.
Email us for more information: email@example.com